Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

>

Monday, September 3, 2012

Appleseed again

Now I'm an instructor in training for Appleseed.  This weekend I went to one as such and got to be a Range Safety Officer.  That was a lot of work.  You have to be quite vigilant to make sure everyone is being safe.  I got promoted at the end of the weekend to the next level of instructor in training.  We had a whole family of excellent marksmen attend - mom pop and 3 teens.  One of the teens made Rifleman.  It rained the second day and it took me forever to get home tonight, partly due to the weather and partly due to road blocks.  But I'm finally home.

Next time I get to be Line Boss.  This is the person who yells the line commands and holds the stopwatch.

This Appleseed was a little more thankful than usual - several participants kept thanking all the instructors.  It's good to be appreciated.  There was also one other lady instructor there.  She was great.

There is one good thing coming out of that hurricane.  We're finally getting a bunch of rain.  I hope it refills the aquifers and saves people's crops.  It was convenient for my garden at least, if not for my travel time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Being an Instructor is challenging and rewarding.

Hope to see you on the Trail -

Mutti